The Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT) , is a public foundation dependent on the Spanish Ministry of Economic Affairs and Competitiveness. Our mission is to drive forward science, technology and innovation, promote their integration and proximity to Society and respond to the needs of the Spanish Technology and Business System (SECTE).
Since its creation in 2001, the foundation is focused in increasing the interest of the Spanish citizens in Science, as well as give visibility to the scientific-technical and innovation results financed with public funds.
FECYT works to communicate scientific projects, individuals, discoveries, history, tools… in short, the science carried out in Spain, with the ultimate aim of increasing the interest of Spanish society in it and, consequently, the knowledge, assessment and participation of Spanish citizens in science.
FECYT’s objectives are:
- To be the right tool for science dissemination and boosting science culture.
- To encourage and promote social participation in R&D+I.
- To analyse and disseminate the main indicators of Spanish science and innovation.
- To support the internationalisation of Spanish science.
- To support the State Department of Research, Development and Innovation (SEIDI) in the management and monitoring of R&D+I at the service of science, technology and innovation policies.